Oil and Gas Business Plan with Wise Business Plans
Corporate Oil & Gas Business Plan Development
The Oil and Gas Business Planning industry continues to make new strides in the United States in the oil and gas companies, and many small business owners are finding ways to leverage the booming industry to create their own success stories. However, it takes more than a smart idea to start your engine and race toward success in this competitive field of petroleum.
During May 2020, the amount of gasoline supplied to the market increased to nearly 5.9 million barrels a day, up from 5.1 million in the first week of April but well below the typically more than 9 million before the pandemic. On the other hand, gasoline saw a normalizing demand at around 55%, which improved by 64% during mid-2020. Industry experts expect a slow but steady recovery during 2021, giving hope to the industry operators.
Key Components of Petroleum Business:
- The clarity in Products and Services- The COVID-19 crisis accelerates what was already shaping up to be one of the industry’s most transformative moments. The Wise Business Plans professionals take time to find out which pain point the product or service will be addressing and develop a business plan that accurately communicates it.
- Costing Strategy- The costs associated with embarking upon a business in the Oil and Gas business industry can be challenging, especially in the post-pandemic era. On its current course and speed, the industry could now be entering an era defined by intense competition, technology-led rapid supply response, flat to declining demand, investor skepticism, and increasing public and government pressure regarding the impact on climate and the environment. However, under most scenarios, oil and gas will remain a multi-trillion-dollar market for decades. Given its role in supplying affordable energy, it is too important to fail. The question of how to create value in the next normal is therefore fundamental.
- Trends- Trends are major in all segments of the economy but especially in those that directly impact the atmosphere. “Clients operating in this industry have to be aware of regulations, laws, and standards that are enacted by governing bodies. Without this type of information their business models could suffer significant losses”, says Mr. Ferriolo. “We do exhaustive, real-time research that protects the client and places them in the best possible position to succeed”, says Mr. Ferriolo.
- Innovation- The industry will need to dig deep and tap its proud history of bold structural moves, innovation, and safe and profitable operations in the toughest conditions to change the current paradigm. The winners will be those that use this crisis to boldly reposition their portfolios and transform their operating models. Companies that don’t will restructure or inevitably atrophy.
How To Get Into The Oil Business
In the oil and gas sector, starting your own company requires a lot of capital, time, and expertise. Even so, as this industry produces multi-millionaires and yields a higher ROI than in any other industry, all your troubles and efforts will be worthwhile.
You should focus on these things if you have previous experience in this area and want to know how to start an oil company.
1. Decide Where to Invest
You can have a filling station or you can drill your wells in the oil and gas industry. One can choose from a variety of options: a service company, a product company, or a company that cleans up oil spills.
It is important to determine your motivations and strengths before making any detrimental moves in this field. Getting a sense of the amount of capital needed can help you make the right choice.
2. Make an Oil and Gas Business Plan
You need to make a detailed oil & gas business plan and list all your resources and liabilities after deciding what you want to focus on. It is imperative to include all the projected operating expenses in your petroleum business plans, such as insurance, permits, licenses, salaries, and ongoing expenses.
A business plan for an oil and gas company will serve as a blueprint for your business. Your business plan will be a valuable tool if you are considering applying for a loan or wish to attract investors. In case you have no prior experience creating business plans, In case you have no prior experience creating business plans, you can hire us to assist you.
Do You Need Help in Creating a Business Plan?
Our clients no longer have to worry about the complexities of writing a professional business plan. Our MBA-qualified business plan writers have written over 15000+ business plans for over 400 industries in over a decade.
Let our professional business plan writers help you get funding
3. Identify Your Investors
Once you’ve decided what type of oil business is right for you and calculated the loans and funding you’ll need, the next step is to make sure you can get a fair loan.
To run any company in this field, you will need a fair amount of capital from the very beginning, so you may have to consider finding investors. Don’t worry about the capital Here are 7 ways to raise capital for getting into the oil business:
- Self-Funding: If you look around, you may find the capital you need right in your own home. It may come from your already existing assets or savings. You retain full control of the business by providing the initial capital yourself. Angel investors and even single investors can influence the direction of a company.
- Crowdfunding: A method of raising money from a large number of people. Several people pool their small investments to raise the capital needed to launch a company or project. It’s a win-win situation for you. Currently, U.S. oil is the most popular commodity in the world.
- Angel Investor: Private or seed investors (also called angel investors) are high-net-worth individuals who provide financial support to small businesses in exchange for ownership equity. Furthermore, investors can also offer business advice. Particularly if they have oil and gas industry experience, this may be beneficial.
- Friends and Family: Friends and families are the second-largest sources of business capital in the U.S. A family member will be aware of your work history or management experience. It’s likely that they already know about the potential of your gas or oil share, and may even have helped to acquire it.
- Bank Loan: Getting a bank loan is probably the most traditional way to obtain start-up capital. As the bank wants to ensure that you can pay back the loan, you will likely be required to submit a lot of information during your initial application.
Our experienced team has helped our clients raise millions in funding through banks (debt financing) and investors (debt/equity financing).
- Small Business Administration (SBA): Despite its long history, the SBA is still a useful source of funding. They offer federally guaranteed loans of up to $5 million to “small” businesses. Furthermore, you will receive the funding you require without compromising your oil and gas business plan. The loan will also likely have light terms and interest rates. SBA’s goal is to boost the economy. A small business loan is one of the easiest ways to get cash. With decades of experience in business credit and lending, Wise Business Plans is uniquely suited to help you. You are just 4 steps away from getting a small business loan.
- Venture Capital: When pitching venture capital companies, make sure your pitch is effective and efficient. You will need to convince them that your oil or gas field is viable and your ability to produce from it is long-term.
Our team has decades of experience in early-stage investments, so these four steps will help you get your first venture capital investment.
Do You Need Investment?
4. Check the Regulations
You should check all the relevant regulations, licenses, and permits, as well as your tax identification number, before starting your business. You may be aware of some of them from previous experience, but you should always consult a business or tax attorney when addressing legal issues.
Do You Need a License to operate an Oil and Gas Business?
Wise business plans have eased the process to obtain a business license, which is generally necessary to operate an oil and gas business.
5. Form a Legal Entity
Those in the group will want to shield themselves from personal liability. You can form a limited liability company (LLC) or an S corporation. An LLC is a flexible entity with elements of both a partnership and a corporation. To simplify federal income tax matters, S corporations elect to pass income and losses on to shareholders.
Need to Register an Oil and Gas Business?
We at Wise Business Plans provide you with a wide range of business formation services for incorporating a company in a way that makes the process easy and allows you to stay focused on other important tasks. Our business formation services include
- Tax ID Number
- LLC Formation
- NonProfit Business Formation
- S Corporation Registration
You can form your business entity in just 4 Simple Steps with Wise Business Plans
6. Open a Business Bank and a 30 Account and Get Credit Cards
Personal asset protection is enhanced when you open specialized business banking and credit accounts.
When your personal and professional accounts are mixed, your personal assets (your home, automobile, and other valuables) are vulnerable if your company is sued.
Furthermore, learning how to establish business credit may assist you in receiving credit cards and other financial resources in your company’s name (rather than yours), improved interest rates, greater lines of credit, and more.
Set up a business bank account.
Apart from being a requirement when applying for business loans, establishing a business bank account has several benefits.
- Separates your personal belongings from your company’s assets, which is critical for personal asset protection.
- Makes tax preparation and accounting simple.
- It makes tracking expenses easier and more organized.
Recommended: To discover the greatest bank or credit union, read our Best Banks for Small Business review.
Open net 30 account
To establish and grow business credit, as well as improve company cash flow, net 30 payment terms are utilized. Businesses purchase products and pay off the whole amount within a 30-day period using a net 30 account.
Net 30 credit vendors are reported to the major business credit bureaus (Dun & Bradstreet, Experian Business, and Equifax Business Credit). This is the way businesses build business credit to qualify for credit cards and other lines of credit.
Get a business credit card
It’s exciting to open a business credit card for your firm. A business credit card can assist you to establish credit, safeguard your company financially, access rewards (such as cashback), and simplify cash flow. It can also assist you to manage your expenditures.
Recommended: Learn more about the best business cards in our business credit card review.
7. Build a Great Team
When taking on such a venture, human capital plays a crucial role. You must determine how many employees you need to hire and whether they have enough experience and training to do their jobs well.
Here are some useful team-building tips which might help you in building your team.
8. Use Top-Notch Equipment
Make sure you use top-notch equipment to ensure and protect your business and investments. For those who work directly in the oil production sector, it is extremely important to ensure your piping, control, and measuring systems are all up-to-date.
If you plan to start a procurement and supply company, you should include quality general equipment, such as valves, pumps, and generators, along with personal safety equipment. By providing high-quality tubular to your customers, along with other drilling and wellhead equipment, you will stand out as a reliable and conscientious provider.
9. Choose an Exploration Site
Obtain county and/or state permits for drilling and land use. Execute a lease with the property owner and/or the owner of mineral rights once you determine which party owns the property and if there are no prior claims that might affect your exploration.
In case your seismic data indicates there could be a subsurface trap containing significant oil, drill multiple exploratory wells on the site. Provide all necessary supplies and equipment for well capping and storing oil in storage tanks prior to hiring a drilling company for this purpose.
Ensure that you have a plan for containing and transporting any natural gas and oil that may be present in your site’s reservoirs. Roads may need to be built to access the site. Trailers or other structures are necessary for offices and living accommodations. Communication capabilities should also be available at the site.
Business Planning for the Oil & Gas Sector
Vigilance is more than ever needed in crafting a solid oil and gas business plan. Smart planning showing commitment and consistency in intentions will always win financiers’ confidence. As part of that strategy, we’ve identified several key components that every oil and gas startup business plan must address, including:
Luckily, a properly written oil and gas business plan is a key element to the process that can help your business raise the necessary capital to purchase equipment, hire staff, and cover operating expenses as you plan to enter the Oil and Gas industry.
Oil And Gas Business Plan Writing Services
Wise Business Plans has had the privilege and the opportunity to create oil and gas Companies that support business owners in this foundational industry, and we have worked hard to build up a knowledge base and the research skills needed to be the premier online provider of oil and gas business plans.
When you’re ready to jump into the action, we’d love to help you start strong and make a mark in the world of energy production, so contact us today to get started on planning your future success.
Download a sample oil and gas business plans template for FREE to get an idea of the basic elements of oil and gas startup business plan writing. Also, you can quickly check our FAQ page for some basic questions and answers.
Wise business plans also offer a net 30 account application. Net-30 accounts allow you 30 days to pay the bill in full after you have purchased products. Net 30 accounts can also make managing your business finances easier. Apply for your net 30 business accounts now