Choosing a professional business plan consulting company should be a decision undertaken only after a deal of research. There are many different firms willing and ready to help you achieve your goal, but there are some questions you should ask first and several expectations that are not unreasonable to have.
Creating a checklist of criteria that describes the one company that can best serve your individual business plans needs will ensure you do not waste your valuable resources on the wrong company. A professional business plan writer should:
- Do more than fill out a stack of forms for you
- Take the time to learn about you and your business
- Offer a tailor made business plan, NOT template or boilerplate
- Provide a wide range of services including SBA plans, market research, sales forecasts and SWOT analysis
- Have in-house business plan writers ready to start work on your project
- Give you a due date in writing, along with a clearly defined penalty for not coming through on time
- Support you in extra ways, such as giving you a list of lenders or contacts who may be capable of providing financing
A great business plan consulting firm will have a sterling reputation and be accredited with the BBB or a similar agency . They will have a track record of delivering what they promise, and can provide you with examples of their work. Don't expect to get a great business plan for pennies – shoddy preparation and planning will lead to failure! Instead, put your project into the hands of people you can trust to create the best business plan possible for you or your company.